Saturday, August 10, 2013

Age Old Question

Pardon the intentional pun but the topic up for debate today is Age vs. Love. Now I know there are many other controversial issues out there but I'm going to choose one that is close to my heart.In fact this is a problem I'm going through right now.

I'm from a little island called Sri lanka, and in my community age is a huge deal.And the problem doesn't stop there we are also a little sexist among other things,however not all of them are negative.Age is not a problem when it comes to younger women dating/marrying older men;given that the man is not an old geezer.Society all over the world frowns upon such women labelling them as gold diggers,which might or might not be true.
However when it comes to men,dating a woman older than they are is quite unseeming.Here's where my story begins

Recently I've been courting an older lady,not a "cougar" mind you, just older,and when I happen to mention this to a couple of friends they seemed to be quite concerned with how old she was.Her personality,her virutes, her character and even her looks came second to this.Whether we got along was moot. I told one of my friends that Age wasn't a problem and she replied by saying "In real life age does matter".Unforutnately we ended it and I really think age became a factor,not because we weren't right for each other,no; it was society's pressure on it not being the norm that forced her to back out.


The Controversy of the day is does age really matter when it comes to love/relationship? If so at what point does it become an issue? Let's establish some parameters,if there are any;that is all up to you.Leave your comments below or visit  ,and hopefully after I tally the comments we'll have a conclusion.

To paraphrase Mark Twain "Age is an issue of mind over matter.If you don't mind it doesn't matter;as long as they aren't underage, that's some sick sh*t right there"
Quote Love over Age vs relationships dating older men women hot sexy mind controversy

Now I'm not going dive into the illegal ocean that is pedophilia;that is for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment